Christmas is big business in the world of catering. It’s a time known for good food and good drink, when people are willing to spend money to get quality catering for their events. If you are able to provide the right catering options, Christmas can be very profitable for you. Here are some tips:
- Have a wide selection. People can start to get sick of mince pies, turkey and cranberry sauce very quickly. Give them plenty of choice.
- That being said, make sure there are some Christmas classics available. You want people to be in the festive spirit and to enjoy all of the food you have provided.
- Provide plenty of drinks. There should be choices of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. Mulled wine is always a good option, as well as celebratory drinks like sparkling wines that are traditionally associated with parties.
- Offer your clients variety. There is nothing worse than going to a Christmas party that doesn’t cater to common dietary requirements. Make sure you have food for vegetarians, Halal food, and food that doesn’t contain nuts for allergy sufferers. You may want to speak to your clients beforehand to get an idea of numbers.
- Serve your food in festive ways. A small addition like a sprig of holly can make all the difference.
- Focus on quality and presentation. Make people feel like they are at a party, and they are more likely to enjoy the food that is served to them. It’s all psychological when it comes to good catering.
Follow these tips to come up with plenty of festive crowd-pleasing dishes. People will really enjoy the fact that your food is both delicious and well presented – you may even get yourself some repeat business for the following year.